Monday, May 10, 2010

An encounter with a cuddly little boy

Peter is a cuddly little boy
So loveable, you just want to hug him
But why, O, why won’t he respond
Like most children would?

He hovers around amidst the cheer
Of his friends playful act
But interact he does not with his peer
His sounds meaningful only to himself

He is there but really He is not
For in his own world he stays
He is after all so far from home
If it’s the Orion, what’s he doing here
All wrapped up in a case of ADHD?

On the table lay
A picture book of dinosaurs
And rubber models
I put the models close
To the matching pictures
And softly mention ‘T-Rex’

A look of interest
A slight peek at me
He mumbles ‘T-Rex’
Ah.. the first contact made
I turn the page – dino eggs
A plastic egg I put close
I softly mention ‘egg’
He mumbles ‘egg’

He gives me a shy quick look
As if to say, go on and tell me more
For he has to quickly learn
How to communicate
With his little friends
He is, after all, like everyone of us
On a mission. SDC.

No comments: